LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) – Nov. 29 marked one year since the shooting death of UK student Madilyn “Maddy” Grisham.
The 20-year-old was shot and killed around 2 a.m. Nov. 29, 2020, while at a party on Payne Street in Lexington. Grisham was killed, two others were hurt.
The past year has been agonizing for Maddy’s family, waiting on word of an arrest or at least movement in the case.
- 2020: Lexington shooting leaves one dead, two injured
- 2020: Investigation continues into Lexington shooting that killed UK student
- 2020: Family begging for answers after UK student killed in Lexington shooting
- 2020: Lexington police chief talks about unsolved murders as city hits record number of homicides
Detectives said there were dozens of witnesses there when the first officers arrived at the scene. Some stayed to offer what information they could, others ran.
There were so many people there, somebody has to have seen something. I know, I know somebody saw something.Kristina Grisham, Madilyn’s mom
Crime scene photos showed where detectives located several shell casings.
“There were plenty that didn’t stop. And that’s who we’re really reaching out to, the ones who didn’t stop.” said Lexington Police Detective Anthony Delimpo. “Maybe they were scared and we understand that.”
Anonymity and cash for your tips are what Crime Stoppers can offer you. In turn, you can help put a mother at peace.
MORE CRIME STOPPERS:
- Lexington police looking for woman wanted for knowingly exploiting an adult
- Mom, daughter beg for information in murder of UK nursing student
- Police still searching for would-be robber of Georgetown liquor store
- US Marshals, Lexington police searching for woman who violated supervised release
- See all Bluegrass Crime Stoppers stories here
No sitting down with detectives, no names or phone numbers, just submit your tip. Your information is completely anonymous, and your tip could earn you up to a $1,000 cash reward.