SLADE, Ky. (FOX 56) — Volkswagon compiled a list of the 140 most scenic drives across America to enjoy fall foliage in 2023.
The list was created with the help of 3,000 leaf peepers, who voted to craft and rank the sights.
More fall fun:
- 2023 guide to fall fun in central Kentucky: Festivals, pumpkins, haunted houses
- 15 ways to enjoy Kentucky’s fall colors in 2023: Rail rides, parks, and lakes
- Guide to Kentucky’s Haunted Houses
- Lexington area Kentucky trick-or-treat times for 2023
Ranked 6th in the list was Kentucky Red River George, which was also featured in FOX 56’s fall colors guide.
The below ranking shows the top 140 scenic drives across America to witness the fall foliage in 2023, as voted for by 3,000 leaf peepers.
“Winding its way through the Daniel Boone National Forest, this byway presents visitors with a mesmerizing blend of deep canyons, towering sandstone arches, and dense hardwood forests,” reads Volkswagon’s survey.
Top 10 Fall Foliage Freeways:
- West Virginia, Seneca Trail US Route 219
- Maryland, Falls Road (MD Route 25)
- Pennsylvania, Allegheny Scenic Drive
- South Carolina, Cherokee Foothills Scenic Byway
- Colorado, Rim Rock Drive
- Kentucky, Red River Gorge Scenic Byway
- Virginia, Back of the Dragon (Route 16)
- Maryland, Chesapeake Country Scenic Byway
- Rhode Island, Mount Hope Bay Loop
- Nebraska, Circle Road through Nebraska National Forest
Kentucky had a total of three drives make the list with the Country Music Highway (45) in eastern Kentucky and Bluegrass Parkway (104), which runs between Lexington and Elizabethtown, both securing spots.