Patrick Baker was arrested on federal charges connected to the death of Donald Mills.
He was previously convicted at the state level. Former Governor Matt Bevin gave him a pardon.
The Lexington Herald-Leader report the FBI interviewed Baker’s ex-girlfriend about the pardon. She believed his family held a political fundraiser for Bevin in exchange for the pardon.
MORE BAKER PARDON:
- Bevin pardons man convicted in deadly Knox County robbery
- Patrick Baker: ‘I did not kill Donald Mills and my family did not pay for my release’
- Kentucky’s attorney general asks FBI to investigate Bevin’s pardons
- Man pardoned by Bevin for homicide now facing federal charges for same crime
- Man facing federal murder charge after being pardoned by Bevin for homicide to be released from jail
Bevin has denied similar accusations in the past.
Baker maintains he is innocent.