LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) — Now that election season has come to a close, what are you supposed to do with your campaign yard signs?
Through Nov. 21, Lexingtonians can recycle their yard signs through Lexington’s Division of Environmental Services. But there’s a catch.
You can’t dispose of the signs and stakes in your everyday recycling bin, the city of Lexington said. The signs and stakes often damage recycling equipment. Instead, you can donate your signs for reuse.
Lexington has partnered with businesses and organizations for collection. The stakes will be reused, and the signs will be repurposed. Stakes that cannot be reused will be recycled through the metal recycling program.
Lexington drop-off locations
- Crank & Boom Clays Mill, 3101 Clays Mill Rd. Suite 301
- Crank & Boom Distillery District, 1210 Manchester St.
- Dunbar Community Center, 545 N. Upper St.
- Good Foods Co-op, 455 Southland Dr.
- John’s Run/Walk Shop, 317 S. Ashland Ave.
- John’s Run/Walk Shop, 3735 Palomar Centre Dr.
- Lexington Senior Center, 195 Life Ln.
- Pemberton’s Greenhouses, 555 Keller Ct.
- Tates Creek Community Center, 3460 Campus Way
- Wild Birds Unlimited, 152 N. Locust Hill Dr.
LATEST KENTUCKY NEWS
However, if you have a large number of signs, email LiveGreen@lexingtonky.gov to arrange a special drop-off.
For more information and the most updated list of drop-off locations, visit lexingtonky.gov/Signs.