LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) — Spring has sprung in the Bluegrass, and that means it’s time to get those yards in tip-top shape.
Mulching adds color to your landscape beds as well as provides a healthy environment for plants to blossom. That’s why it’s such a hot commodity once the season changes and can be pricey at times.
Luckily, the city of Lexington provides free mulch for residents from time to time. The mulch is composted from yard waste collected by Lexington’s Waste Management department.
The next free mulch giveaway will be on May 14 from 8 a.m. to noon at the city’s training pad located at 1631 Old Frankfort Pike.
The city has provided tips for the event:
- The event runs from 8 a.m. to noon or until mulch runs out
- Follow signs to enter through Jimmie Campbell Dr., 1631 Old Frankfort Pike
- One pick-up truckload per person
- A smaller self-serve area is available for picking up smaller amounts of mulch
- The event is for Fayette County residents only, bring your driver’s license with a Lexington address