LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) – So far in 2023, Lexington has seen seven reported shootings and only two have ended in arrests.
Of the five open reported non-fatal shootings still that have taken place in Lexington in January, only two have been closed by arrest.
- On Jan. 1, police were called to Tennessee Avenue to investigate a shots fired report but found no one at the scene with gunshot wounds. Three unnamed individuals arrived at a hospital with gunshot wounds.
- On Jan. 9, a shooting was reported at 12:36 a.m. at a Marathon gas station on West New Circle Road. Lexington police said they found two males with gunshot wounds, one of whom sustained reported critical injuries.
- On Jan. 11, police were called to Angliana Avenue to investigate a reported shooting, but found no shooting victim at the scene. A man arrived at a Lexington hospital later with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
- On Jan. 17, officers were called to an area hospital to investigate a man with a reported gunshot wound. Police learned the shooting occurred outside a residence in the 1700 block of Gerald Drive.
- On Jan. 29 at 6:42 a.m., officers were called to investigate reports of a man who was reportedly walking near the 1900 block of Stanton Way with a gunshot wound. He was taken to a nearby hospital and his injuries were reportedly non-life-threatening.
In 2022, Lexington police filed 119 reported non-fatal assaults with firearms and 36 shooting homicides.
Of those 36 shooting homicides in 2022, 15 remain unsolved, according to city records, while there have been no confirmed 2023 shooting homicides.
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Lexington Police Department at (859) 258-3600. Anonymous tips can be submitted to Bluegrass Crime Stoppers by calling (859) 253-2020, online at bluegrasscrimestoppers.com, or through the P3 Tips app available at p3tips.com.