Rainbow fruit tart
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
Beat all ingredients together to form a stiff dough that holds together when squeezed. Press into an even layer on a nonstick pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12–14 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Cream cheese layer:
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer and spread onto the cooled crust.
- 2-3 peaches, sliced
- 6-8 strawberries, sliced or quartered
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup peach preserves, heated and thinned with 1 tbsp water, if needed
Arrange the fruit in a single layer on top of the cream cheese layer, overlapping the fruit to cover as needed. I like to do concentric circles, starting with peaches on the outside, then strawberries, followed by kiwis, and blueberries in the center. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the fruit with the preserves to give it a nice shine. Cut into wedges and serve.
- About 2 cups of assorted diced fruit, such as peaches, mango, nectarine, or pineapple
- About 2 cups assorted berries, such as diced strawberries or halved blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Pinch salt
- Cinnamon pita chips or graham crackers, for serving
To make the fruit salsa, simply combine the diced fruit in a bowl and toss with sugar and a pinch of salt. Serve with pita chips or cinnamon grahams.